Terms and Conditions
Cancellation of advance bookings
WE will pay for loss of INCOME incurred by YOU if a guest who has booked accommodation at YOUR PREMISES cancels or curtails their booking as a result of:
- death, ACCIDENT, ILLNESS (confirmed by a doctor) or compulsory quarantine of them or their close relative, business associate, partner or travelling companion;
- disruption of public transport by actual or intended strikes;
- the guest having to:
- the guest's private dwelling being made uninhabitable by DAMAGE which occurs within 14 days of the planned start of their booking;
- the guest having leave cancelled by HM Armed Forces or a police authority in a national emergency;
- the guest receiving notice of redundancy which qualifies for statutory payment; and/or
- the guest being unexpectedly posted to work outside the GEOGRAPHICAL LIMITS;
1. undertake jury service and having had their written request for an alternative date refused;
2. act as witness in a court of law; and/or
3. help police after a fire or theft at their home or workplace;
Provided YOU do everything possible to re-let the accommodation.
The most WE will pay for any one claim is £1500.
The most WE will pay in total for any PERIOD OF INSURANCE is £1500.
WE will not pay for cancelled or curtailed bookings as a result of:
- suicide or deliberate self-injury.
- alcohol or drugs.
- pregnancy or childbirth, unless the expected date of birth is at least two months after the end of the period for which the guest had booked accommodation.